Lukey and the cows

Lukey and the cows
Lukey loves cows!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gotta love Dairy Cows!




Today I've decided to continue my blogging adventures now that I just found my long lost password to Google. Hooray!





















Anyhoo, we are still doing very well with homeschooling. Infact, Lukey is now in 5th grade! I have decided to do an interest led learning program with him and for the time being it is cows! Yes, those wonderful lovely sweet doe eyed dairy laiden bovine creatures are his recent fascination. We even made our own Dairy Cow Lapbook which proved to be worth my time and effort. I used a giant poster board and folded it in half and then folded the front in half again. Here is what it looks like:


















I then added pics and pockets and fold-outs of the science, history and info of the beloved Dairy Cow. Who knew there'd be so much to learn!!



This was so much fun to make and Lukey enjoys looking at it all the time. I only wish we could get a real cow. Gotta love the milk on cereal. Inside, the lapbook I added a spot memory game which is really a form of learning multiplication. There is a Life Cycle circle, a model of the backbone because the cow is in the vertebrate phylum and the science of homogenization and pasturization of the milk. This was both a fun unit for both me and my son because with homeschool, I am not only the teacher but the student as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment