Lukey and the cows

Lukey and the cows
Lukey loves cows!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reading List of the Summer

I must say that I am an avid reader. Actually it's more like an addicted reader. I really, truly believe that if I'm not reading a current good book then I get into a slight depression. Yesterday, I decided to try a new library that is not in our town but is a few miles away. This library was small but I was happy to see that they have movies and music cd's to check out as well.

This summer will be a mystery summer for me. I like a good mystery and my favs so far are the Agatha Raisin series. She is so funny and is a mix between Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie. So far I've read two of this series ~ Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage and Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist ~ both of these excellent fun reads. I am currently reading Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death which is a little slower that the previous two but is still quite fun.

I have yet to read M.C. Beaton's other series ~ Hamish MacBeth which sounds interesting as well. I just love the Agatha character because she is always complaining about being middle age and yet she get's more action than most younger ladies including me! She lives in a quaint little English town in her cute little thatched roof cottage with her kitties. Sounds like the perfect life to me! Anyhoo, she does have the problem of living next door to her constant crush James Lacey. This would be absolute torture for me but all in all it is all so very entertaining.

Thank you M.C. Beaton because now I have my complete summer reading list and this includes your wonderful world of Ms. Raisin and her adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment