Lukey and the cows

Lukey and the cows
Lukey loves cows!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summertime is here...

Well, it is finally summer ~ not officially but in this household it is. I feel as though I'm suffering from post homeschooling syndrome. I miss having a schedule and teaching my son. I miss having something to look forward to on Monday. This was our first year of Homeschooling and I so enjoyed every minute of it except for when Lukey would complain the first 5 - 10 minutes of everyday lessons. I think I might have to come up with some sort of Summer homeschool program before I go crazy with complete and utter boredom!

Today I vow to myself that I will begin to have structure and projects planned for me and my son. I have to look at our resources such as joining other homeschool groups (ugh) and be part of the real world instead of hiding in my cozy house down the dirt road. I now make a list of things that will inspire and give me hope to begin our new summer adventures:

1. Plan fun field trips to our fav places such as the zoo, the beach and to the movies. Some good ones are coming out like Cars 2 and Mr. Poppers Penguins.

2. Get a regular schedule going such as getting dressed and prettied up before Lukey wakes up and have projects planned.

3. Search online for fun things to do at home. We started fun 'Movie Night' last night by watching 'Madagascar' ~ one 0f our favorites of all time. We enjoy playing the game as well!

4. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and stop having pity parties. I am a young mother who needs to be mentally and physically strong for my son and husband. Please dear God, give me strength!

5. The new Nancy Drew game comes out at the end of the month, this gives me something to look forward to...personally I dont know why HERInteractive has to take so long to put out new games. They must have enough people and money to be able to make more games more often.

This is my own plan for the summer so with prayer and positivity, we shall hopefully make this the best summer ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment